CultStatus

8.08.2005

Bay Catch Up

Inspired by some of the other BayBloggers, I just want to raise the overall awareness regarding some Bay Knocks. So, Yes, it's random, but it also knocks.

The Delinquents -Alleyway
The Delinquents remind me of Fat Joe, in that it's real easy to dismiss the quality of their (Fill in the Blank) music, flow, etc... but nobody wants to tell them that to their face. That's because just like Fat Joe in NY, The Delinquents basically are Oakland. And just like Joe, you are likely to see them at any and every hoodtastic function. You can catch group member Vidal in the wildly popular Hood to Hood DVD (Vol.1). So, if you like Jeezy becuase you really believe his stories of being a hood pharmacist, the Delinquents are for you. Numskull from the Luniz is on here too.. They may have still been the LuniToons @ this time. Anyway, this song is Vintage bay.. Keep on ice.


Husalah (of the MobFigaz) - Since '88 (From Mac Dre Presents Thizz Nation Vol. 1)
This song came to me via my young cuz Tay from the Yay, who moved to ATL @ 17, where his mom bought a house for him and his older (21) brother to live in, rent-free, parent-free, etc.. Well... Tay was back in the Yay about ONE month later. I guess the Yay was callin' Tay. Anyhoo, how about them Yankees?
Seriously, he had all this Mac Dre music, and I got sprung. This song came off the above album, which was much more of a mixtape than an album. So, I gotta go, but this is Husalah over Juvenile's Bounce Back beat.. and he KILLS it in my opinion.

Here's the original too: Juvenile - Bounce Back

Holler.

And yes Hana, this is what I was working on w/ the headphones Sunday!

2 Comments:

  • Hus is ridiculous. Everything I've heard dude on, he rips. If you haven't heard it yet, check "Inshallah (In God's Will)" off a small compilation called "CoCo County Classic". It's him solo over a Rob Lo beat. Once I got the cd I think I probably listened to the track 350 times over the course of a week.

    Once I figure out how to copy and upload tracks I'll post it at Strivin'.

    By Blogger Doxx, at 10:35 PM  

  • Just passing through, I'm digging the blog by the way.

    By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home