CultStatus

8.31.2005

The Disaster in the Southeast is BEYOND terrible. Please Read.

I want all eight of my blog readers to read Bomani's great write up on the situation.

If you haven't been following, he published a post that didn't directly mock the flooding, but it was humorous in nature, the only offensive part being his suggestion that Houston was going to be overran withe "Whodies" (New Orleans Locals). Upon interacting with someone personally affected, he thought wiser of his humorous post, and wrote an analysis from the heart.

Please go there and read it. If you comment, he'll likely respond beneath your comment.


Thanks Bomani.


Link: CLICK HERE


Red Cross is 1800-Help-Now

Personally, I want to take in perhaps a small family in an extra bedroom I have (Atlanta), but I may end up supporting the makeshift shelters they are setting up here in ATL. This from a person who rarely goes beyond a buck here, some change there, in my attempt to help people.

I encourage all eight of you to do something, anything. Al Sharpton was on the Tom Joyner radio show this morning, and he did make a great point: The Best need to help The Rest.

(and I usually don't feel Sharpton like that, but his point is 100% correct)

11 Comments:

  • Heeeeey Dame, how you dooooiiinnng?

    Thanks for putting us on to that post on Bomani's site.

    By Blogger Fresh, at 1:00 PM  

  • Yeah Im hoping I can help as well... I have an extra bedroom I dont mind letting someone stay in. This is all so crazy :( And the gas stations are PACKED. I cant even imagine what the people in LA, AL and MS are going through.

    By Anonymous grayse, at 2:42 PM  

  • First of all Dame Diddy, I added you to my yahoo list Lord knows when! I've never been able to catch you online so holla at me and send me an email (fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com) cuz I don't want to be sending mail to a dead account or something you don't use anymore.

    :) and yes, I will be selling rocks here all week long people to support inflated gas prices.

    By Blogger Fresh, at 2:48 PM  

  • Yeah at first it was funny watching the looting and being mad at the media but now we are on some serious sh*t!

    Thanks for the link.

    By Blogger Mealone, at 7:09 AM  

  • You know my empathy and anxiety for those poor refugees (god it sounds awful to say that about our own). I want to cry for them, but that's not what they need, they need stuff to get them through this and prayers just ain't enough.

    By Blogger Jedi Princess, at 6:13 AM  

  • Bomani's take was pretty cool..

    By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at 10:36 AM  

  • Hiya, thanks for hitting up my blog. Just in case, you have any, I'm currently taking up male clothes sized M and 32 pants.

    BTW, my other three blogs aren't really blogs. They're just little links I use from time to time, like my Soundtrack and my Book List.

    By Blogger the kid, at 8:02 AM  

  • Great Post but was not what I was looking for. But you really have a gread blog here. Keep it going.


    I'll stop back every so often to see new updates maybe something will interest me in the future.

    Have a good day.

    By Blogger Clickbank Mall, at 2:05 PM  

  • Interested in getting a better deal for domain names than you can at go daddy domain name ? Then I might suggest checking the resources available at Register Better . com . No need to pay the high prices found elsewhere, check out the list of places to register better !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

  • this guy is a racist fucking bastard dnt even bother with him. FUCK U!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • This is very interesting site...
    » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home